Located in the heart of the Yasuní National Park, a UNESCO a Biosphere Reserve, the Napo Wildlife Center provides visitors with great opportunities to explore the treasures hidden in the sacred lands of the Amazon Rainforest in Ecuador.
One of the particularities of this hotel is that it is 100% managed by the Kichwa Añangu community, making it the greatest example of a community-based project that benefits the local community and preserves the diverse flora and fauna of the area.
Services & Facilities
With 12 ample and comfortable standard cabins and 8 suites, the Napo Wildlife Center complex offers the most comfortable accommodations of the Amazon Rainforest in Ecuador and unique opportunities explore the treasures hidden in the forests and creeks of the jungle.
- Identity card and passport.
- A small or medium baggage. Try to take only the necessary things to the lodge.
- A backpack. Apart from your luggage take a comfortable backpack with you for the daily excursions around the forest, rivers and streams.
- It is advisable that you take with you some medicines you in case of any pain. Extra Money and cash. You will probably need it for bar bills and for handcraft purchases.
- Mosquito repellent.
- A good quality camera. You would probably take photos of the outstanding landscapes you will have the opportunity to see.
- Binoculars for bird watching and get a closer look to wildlife that inhabits the Amazon Rainforest in Ecuador.
- Lightweight long pants (you can take 2 or three pairs)
- Lightweight long-sleeved shirts (also two or three pairs)
- Cotton socks (1 or 2 pairs per day)
- Sandals (for being more comfortable when you are around the lodge)
- A lightweight sweater or a jacket.
- One or two pairs of short (for when you are around the hotel)
- A hat and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun.
- Rechargeable extra batteries for your camera or video tape (in the lodge there is 24/7 electricity).
- A flashlight will be very useful for night excursions.
- A small umbrella (very useful for light rains)
- IMPORTANT: clip bags to pack your devices (humidity in the Amazon
Rainforest is really high).
4 Nights Itinerary
Live a once in a lifetime experience in the Amazon Rainforest in Ecuador. Napo Wildlife Center premium tour offers you the opportunity to be part of the astonishing Amazon forest and wildlife. Discover the unique and beautiful flora and fauna along the forest trails and rivers, creeks and lakes of the Amazonia jungle.
Departuring from Quito and after a 30 minute flight over the Andes mountain you arrive to Coca city, the gateway to the Amazon in Ecuador. From there you will be taken to Puerto Francisco de Orellana, where the trip towards the Napo wildlife Center begins.
A 2 hours trip on a motorized canoe downstream the Napo River will lead you to the NWC welcoming area and from there on we will embark into a small paddle-canoe through the Napo River creeks that connect to the Anangu Lake, where the lodge is located.
At your arrival to the Napo Wildlife Center the staff members will be personnel waiting for you with welcome drinks to then take you to your rooms.
Days at the Napo Wildlife Center start early in the morning, that way you can see and feel the marvelous nature. You will have the chance to see more than 10 different species of birds in the parrot clay licks, the major nature spectacles you will ever see!
After that, you will take a hike that will get you to the Kichwa Añangu community. There you will spend some time with the people from the community, share and learn about their traditions and culture.
Early in the morning, after a delicious breakfast, you will be taken to a canopy tower where you will see the forest 36 meters above the floor. It’s a great way to experience the nature and to observe the amazing and colorful birdsthat fly around completely unaware of your presence you wouldn’t have been able to see from the floor.
Later in the day, you will hike through the forest to its interior. There you might be able to see lizards or the amazing Golden mantle tamarin monkeys. Afterwards, you can look around the lakes in a canoe for a chance to find more marvelous animals.
In this final day, you will have one last canoe ride in the Napo River where you might be able to see rare species of birds, Giant otters and other animals. After that, you will begin your trip back to the city of Coca, from where you can book a flight to Quito.